Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Are you looking to buy A Ranger's Tale (Tallenmere)? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on A Ranger's Tale (Tallenmere). Check out the link below:
>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers
A Ranger's Tale (Tallenmere) ReviewReaders will enjoy "A Ranger's Tale" A fantasy combined with a lot of romance.The story beings at the point where Caliphany realizes she doesn't want to be a mage, and she has had enough of her father trying to control her. I enjoyed her take charge attitude. Anytime someone tried to make her do something she didn't like, she instead took things into her own hands. Not always with a good outcome, but that's all the better.
We meet Galadin at the point he rescues Caliphany from almost being kidnapped. There is an instant attraction between the two. Galadin has a background opposite of Caliphany, and he is attracted to her right from the start, although he is often hesitant to admit this to himself. Even though they have different backgrounds, they both share the same interests. So I thought the contrasts in the story skillfully done. These common interests contribute to the growing love between the two.
After about the fourth chapter, "A Ranger's Tale" became a page turner for me. I found myself wanting Caliphany and Galadin to be together shortly after they meet, and I'm sure this is exactly where the author wanted me to be. But no, that would be too easy, and things are not easy for Galadin and Caliphany. Many obstacles keep them out of each other's reach. This made me keep turning the pages, wanting to know how they would ever end up being together.
Much of the conflict comes from the inner turmoil of the two main characters because each struggles to admit their love for each other. I totally enjoyed this. At times poor Galadin couldn't seem to do anything right. He continually felt himself unworthy to be with Caliphany. While several time Caliphany couldn't fully trust him. Galadin's dark background made her leery, even though she was clearly in love with him the whole time. The two characters are both believable because they are not perfect. There were times I knew they were making a mistake, and this made me anticipate the outcome even more.
When I first started reading the book, I thought the choice of setting was not original with the usual elves, mages, faeries, kings, etc. But as I continued to read, I realized it was the right decision because an unknown type of world would've distracted from the focus of the story, which is the relationship of the main characters. As I continued, I was glad I didn't have to learn about new beings or unknown worlds. I also found the setting enjoyable and beautifully described.
The story is written in first person, and it also switches viewpoint characters. At first I feared being jarred by numerous viewpoints in first person, however, this didn't happen. All the viewpoints worked perfectly for this story. I didn't find it jarring at all. The entire story flows very smoothly.
My only nit-pick is that the story could've been wrapped up a tad sooner. Yet, I tend to be impatient at times, so it could just be me.
So in summary, I highly recommend "A Ranger's Tale."
A Ranger's Tale (Tallenmere) OverviewSet in the fantasy world of Tallenmere, the high elf Caliphany Aranea longs to explore the world and escape from her controlling father. Her dreams are fulfilled when she meets ranger and ship captain Galadin Trudeaux. But, when secrets from the past bring tragedy to those she loves, Caliphany must fight to hold on to the life she's always wanted.
Want to learn more information about A Ranger's Tale (Tallenmere)?
>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now
0 comments:
Post a Comment