Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Are you looking to buy Heart Of Fire? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Heart Of Fire. Check out the link below:
>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers
Heart Of Fire ReviewI can't tell you how refreshing I found this book. This title is as fine as any classic fantasy tale I've read in a long while. And classic fantasy romance it is--complete with a very alpha elf (of the tall-dark-handsome-fearless-dangerous variety) and a halfling heroine. I especially loved the portrayal of the cervidae--think deer shifters--and their bucolic world. But it's not so happy for Jessalyne, and within the first chapter I really felt her heartsickness and wanted a happy ending for her. It took me a hair longer to warm up to Ertemis, our buff elf, but I did--especially when his life is in jeopardy.I don't mean this as a negative, but I cared less about the plot to save a kingdom than the worldbuilding itself--immediately accessible, consistent, believable, and written with extraordinary care. I've written enough fantasy to know that's a tough thing to do well. And I've read enough bad fantasy to know the difference.
I also want to give a hearty nod to Kristen's dialog. I'm a big fan of good dialog--and usually someone who writes such lush description like that found in this book is not as good at dialog--that all important quality to help define characters. Kristen is great at both. Oh, and there's subtle humor here in the dialog that warms one to the characters. Well done!
I would recommend this title to anyone who likes romance, fantasy (not of the darkest horror variety), unique "species" for want of a better word, and flawless, flowing writing. I cheered for the protagonists to have a well-deserved happy ending, and they did. I would also recommend this book especially to older teens--although I think fans of light classic fantasy romance of any age will adore it.
I have read every classic fantasy tale out there, I think. I'd say this is in the vein of Shannara, which is saying a lot because I love me some Terry Brooks.Heart Of Fire OverviewSometimes love is the most dangerous magic of all...Eager to find her place in the world and understand the frightening gifts she's been born with, Jessalyne Brandborn leaves her sheltered life to become apprentice to the most powerful sorceress in Shaldar. She hires Ertemis, the deadliest man in the realm, to get there.With the Legion's bounty on his head, Ertemis is reluctant to escort Jessalyne but needs the money she offers - especially if he's ever to find out who his father is. On the way, he discovers benefits to Jessalyne's naiveté; she treats him like an equal, not an outlaw.Swayed by Ertemis' gruff charm, Jessalyne starts to trust him and her emotional walls begin to crumble.Little do they know that within them lies the hope of the dying elven race, the renewal of Shaldar's beleaguered kingdom and an incredible chance at love. If they don't kill each other first.
Want to learn more information about Heart Of Fire?
>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now
0 comments:
Post a Comment