The Chosen Soul Review

The Chosen Soul
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy The Chosen Soul? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on The Chosen Soul. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

The Chosen Soul ReviewFirst off let me say, I am not sorry I purchased this book. It had such promise. The premise of the story was interesting and original, but that is where it ended. There was absolutely no character development what-so-ever. The main character Raven and her brother Loki are never really described beyond their looks and the occasional, they were twins so they always knew what the other was thinking. Has we never heard of show don't tell? I don't want to be told how devoted Loki was to his God, I want the author to show it to me. There also were characters that were introduced for no reason, they were simply there to fill a spot as a flat character. Take Summer for example, she started off as a possible love interest for Loki and then where did she go? She just vanished! If you are going to get your reader invested in a character the least you could do is tell us what happens with them!
Second, why is Raven always stuck in a spot where she is going to get raped? Seriously. I understand that she is supposedly the most beautiful woman on earth, but not every man is going to want to rape her. I was actually to the point where every single man introduced to us, besides her brother was lusting after her. I can not help but wonder if this is what the author thinks should happen to pretty girls. Cause it's not.
Third, and this is a spoiler alert, what is up with the ending? I literally wanted to throw my kindle when I read it. And all I can say is why? why? why? Why would your character all of a sudden just say, oh yeah the elf prince, he's kind of cool, I guess I'll settle for him. There is absolutely no reason behind this move at all. From the way the author developed Raven (what little she did) there is no motive for her to do this. There has to be a reason that your characters do the things they do. And frankly there wasn't. Did anyone else feel she got to the end and went, oh I've met my page limit let's just end it with Raven utterly giving up? Cause I did.
If you can help it just skip this book altogether.The Chosen Soul OverviewIt was a dark and stormy night when the Stranger came to call. Sarah Grey's second child was breached; the twin was going to die.The Stranger offered help.Twenty years later, Raven Grey, the second twin born on that fated night, is now an extraordinarily beautiful woman. With a gift.But what is the price to pay for that gift?If Raven and her brother can not escape the handsome and powerful elf prince, outwit the dark and dangerous bounty hunter, and defeat the ancient, mighty Death Mage - Raven is sure to learn just what that price is.And pay dearly.*****Heather Killough-Walden is a California native currently living in Texas with her husband and child. She is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling e-book author of the Big Bad Wolf series and the October Trilogy, as well as the print and ebook Lost Angels series which includes ALWAYS ANGEL (available now) and AVENGER'S ANGEL (available November, 2011). Visit Heather's Web site at www.killough-walden.com, where you can sign up for her newsletter. Also, be sure to keep in touch with her and other fans through her Facebook page and Twitter (killoughwalden)!

Want to learn more information about The Chosen Soul?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment