Eldest (Inheritance, Book 2) Review

Eldest (Inheritance, Book 2)
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy Eldest (Inheritance, Book 2)? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Eldest (Inheritance, Book 2). Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

Eldest (Inheritance, Book 2) ReviewI liked Eragon well enough and I was looking forward to this book coming out. As it turns out, it's a good thing I waited for the library copy and didn't buy it, because owning it would have been pointless. The prose is really rather tedious and immature, not to mention how unnecessarily LONG it is. I won't summarize; just know that the "influence" of other writers is starkly visible. There's little originality in the writing, and the text is ridden with mistakes that a good editor should have eliminated (e.g., the incorrect and completely arbitrary substitution of words like "mine" and "thy/thine" for "my" and "yours"). Overall, the dialogue is probably the most awkard part, with the next most irksome thing being the superfluous scenes. Side note: anyone interested in joining a rescue mission to free the author's thesaurus? The preachiness really got to me, too; the author seems to dream of a society full of vegetarian atheists who practice elf yoga daily and takes "mates" whenever they want to without any commitment. And yes, "aye" is used with obscene frequency.

However -
I did read the whole book, and I wanted to find out what happened to Eragon even after the stupid training period in Ellesmera that was probably supposed to be formative (actually it just ends with us having to accept that Eragon is amazingly powerful and talented). So, I must say -- with reluctance? -- that this book wasn't a total waste of time. No, it is not good, but I wanted to know what happened.Eldest (Inheritance, Book 2) Overview

Want to learn more information about Eldest (Inheritance, Book 2)?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment