Krondor the Betrayal:: Book One of the Riftwar Legacy Review

Krondor the Betrayal:: Book One of the Riftwar Legacy
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy Krondor the Betrayal:: Book One of the Riftwar Legacy? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Krondor the Betrayal:: Book One of the Riftwar Legacy. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

Krondor the Betrayal:: Book One of the Riftwar Legacy ReviewThe problem with this book is that it reads like a computer game. It lacks depth of character and atmosphere; the conversation is stilted, the achievements superhuman. The plot is formulaic, and obviously leads from fact finding to consequential action. If you played the game (which I haven't) you probably get to "practice" killing the bad guys - if you fail, you can always start again from where you last saved. The game, no doubt, has some level of challenge to it. The book doesn't.
I can see what Feist was trying to do here - continue a line of books with what must be one of my favourite characters, Jimmy the Hand. Put James in a tight spot and he'll invariably get out. Tragically, the squire totally lacks any hint of personality in this book and the two sequels. Mr Feist, as a WRITER, could have used a little more imagination to pull the reader into a fantastic story. Instead he follows the rather basic plot line of a simple computer game.
Sadly, this sub-series does not improve with time. It gets worse. I'm currently reading book three: Krondor, Tear of the Gods. It's so bad, I'm considering not finishing it at all (which would be the first for a Feist book for me ... I love the guy).
The first book and even the second at least deal with elements roughly defined within Feist's series on Midkemia: the Oracle, the stone at Sethanon, dark elves, etc. The third borders on the ludricous - vampires in Midkemia? ... honestly!... Obviously, the game developers took over and Mr. Feist took a back seat in his own world.
I'm actually quite outraged that this series was published at all. They should have left it as a game and not bothered with this half-hearted attempt at a book. I've never quite felt so cheated of my money before --- and that is probably Mr Feist's greatest accomplishment in this trilogy.Krondor the Betrayal:: Book One of the Riftwar Legacy Overview

Want to learn more information about Krondor the Betrayal:: Book One of the Riftwar Legacy?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment