Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Are you looking to buy Counterpoint (Book I of Song of the Fallen)? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Counterpoint (Book I of Song of the Fallen). Check out the link below:
>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers
Counterpoint (Book I of Song of the Fallen) ReviewAyden is an elf and Freyrik is a human. They live in a time of chaos - war always pressing and hatred running high. Hundreds of years of bad blood and contempt between human and elf have left the world vulnerable. When Freyrik's men capture Ayden he wonders why he feels immediately drawn to him. Ayden agrees to be Freyrik's slave to save his sister - but as time passes how does he fight his growing attraction to a human - and not only attraction but admiration - for Rik's great care for his people stuns Ayden. As politics, intrigue and danger dance closely together will this slave conquer his master or will the master become the slave?So first I do not read much what I consider "high" fantasy - mostly just Tolkien and a few others. If I read fantasy it's normally paranormal or urban and comes with biting and shifting. From the first moment I started reading Counterpoint I was completely captivated by the story. For what appears to be a first effort this novel is spellbinding. The language is lyrical and perfectly fits the story and the dialogue is sharp, witty, and very in tune with creating the tension that a reader loves to really immerse into the story. Ayden, as an 800 year old elf, always has a snarky comment and Freyrik is always struggling between his desire to do what he wants and the responsiblity to do what he must. It seems neither will bend - yet there are occasional hints that speak of something underneath the surface - and the tension created keeps you completely on your toes waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop.
The characters have such depth as to cement their places in your heart and mind seamlessly. The story of the world Ayden and Freyrik live in is painted vividly - a master stroking the canvas. There is a perfect blend of show and tell - neither taking precedence over the other. The story sweeps you along and propels you forward and nothing mars that feeling of taking a ride down the river and just living with these people - being part of their world.
I think my heart was racing more than Ayden and Freyrik when they first made love. It was beautiful and ethereal and sublime. Like everything else in this book each part fits together in harmony - and that is a feat for any author. I noted several places where things could have broken down but the writing stayed strong and never gave in to cliche or hackneyed plot device. My only complaint is the cliffhanger ending - now I cannot wait for Part 2!
BRAVO Ms. Haimowitz. BRAVO. You have created a memorable moving story in a world fully realized in my imagination. It was a privelege and a pleasure. Thank you.Counterpoint (Book I of Song of the Fallen) OverviewIt is the twilight of mankind. Depleted by generations of war with a dark race, the human kingdoms and their ancient alliance stand on the brink of extinction. The outlands are soaked with the blood of the fallen. The midlands are rotting with decadence and despair.Elfkind, estranged by past crimes, watches and waits for nature to run its course.And then the two collide.Ayden's life has long been guided by two emotions: love for his sister, and hatred of all things human. When he's captured in battle, he must for his sister's sake swallow his pride and endure slavery in the service of a human prince. To his dismay, this close-up view of his enemy is nothing like he expected. Now curiosity and contempt make a battlefield of his soul, even as he struggles to pick up the pieces of his shattered worldview.Freyrik Farr, Crown Prince of Farr Province, finds his new elven prisoner puzzling. He's always known elves to be beautiful and dangerous, but never has one affected him as deeply as Ayden. Can his life of service to his people leave room for this attraction? Dancing on a dagger's edge between duty and high treason, Freyrik discovers that some choices can change a life, and some an entire world.Between prejudice, politics, pride, and survival, Ayden and Freyrik must carve a new path, no matter how daunting. For nothing less than the fate of both their peoples rests on the power of their perseverance -- and their love.(Please note that this book contains explicit sexual content between two males.)
Want to learn more information about Counterpoint (Book I of Song of the Fallen)?
>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now
0 comments:
Post a Comment